
After a two day hiadius (absence) from blogging I truely pondered on what I can write about today.....and I was reminded by "the best pen pal ever" My Pal who told me writing comes from the heart...meant to help the writer first....then the reader! SOOOOOO Sharing one of my favorite poems of all time with myself today..and hoping that you the reader might get something out of it!
Will you walk into my parlor? said the spider to the fly;
tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
The wasy into my parlor is up the winding stair, and I have many pretty things to show you when you are there.
Oh no no said the little fly, to ask me in in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again!
I'm sure you must be wearry dear, with soargin up so high;
Will you rest upon my little deb? said the spider to the fly.
There are pretty curtains drawn around, the sheets are fine and thin, And if you like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in. Oh no no siad the little fly, for I have often heard it said, They enever, never wake again, sho sleep upon your bed.
Said the cunning spider to the floy, Dear friend, what shall I do,
To prove the warm affection I have always felt for you?
I have within my pantry good store of all that's nice;
I am sure your're very welcome will you please take a slice?
Oh no no said the little fly, kid sire, that coannot be;
I have heard that's in your pantry and I do not wish to see.
Sweet creature! Said the spider, you're witty and your wise,
How handsome are your gauzy wings, how brilliant are your eyes!
I have a little glooking glass upon my parlor shelf,
If you'll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself.
I thank you, gentle sire, she said, for what your're pleased to say
And bidding you good morning now, I'll call another day.
The spider turned him round about, and went into his den,
For well he knew the silly fly would soon be back again.
So he wove a subtle web , in a little corner sly,
And set his table ready to dine upon the fly.
Then he came out to his door again, and merrily did sing,
Come hither, hither pretty fly, with the pearl and silver wing,
Your robes are green and purple, there's a crest upon your head;
Your eyes are like the diamond bright, but mine are dull as lead.
Alas, alas! How very soon this silly little fly,
hearing his wily flattering words, came slowly flitting by.
With buxzzing wings she hug aloft, then near and nearer drew,
Thanking only of her brilliant eyes and green and purple hue;
Up jumpled the cnning spider, and fiercely held her fast,
He dragged her up his winding stair, into his dismal den,
Within his little parlor, but she ne'er came out again!
And now, dear little children, who may this story read
To the idle, silly, flattering words, I pray you ne'er give head.
Unto an evil counselor close heart, and ear and dye,
And take a lession from this tale of the Spider and the Fly!
This fable has always touched my heart! I can still hear granpa telling this poem from memory! Now, it is etched in my memory! This is a classic reminder that there are flatters out there everywehre you can see! Ones in my life...that would love to see me slip up! You must stay on guard at all times, they may seem like they have the best interest at heart, but you must use decernment at all times....because....one mess up....and UP JUMPED the spider in the tale! I too, am a dreamer like my Granpa before me! Tendancy to listen to the promises and not take heed to the dangers. Very trusting people like myself can be lured into a trap! So this year, keep your eyes open to any pitfalls......or traps.......The advisary is out there...ready to trip you up...don't be like the fly! BE WISE! Until next time! Happy Blogging!
Thank you Bev for the great memory! I could hear grandpa reciting that poem as I read it. 5 more days to go - hang in there!
ReplyDelete