
What If? What a obscure question. Bob's night time schedule change has given me more time on my hands......and more pondering time (as granpa) would have so well put it. Pondering time is healthy.......as long as in everything....it is in it's proper prospective. I have been a little "melon colley" today just pondering life in general. As I have gone through my day.........computer time, emails, FB'ing, talking to friends and conducting business on the phone.....being the MOM'S taxie service...doing what I do everyday......today seemed a little different. Maybe it was after I posted my HS yearbook on FB and all the memories of high school just flooded back. I look at my oldest daughter Natalie and know that her challenges these past two years, that High School certainly was not her friend. But I learned so much from 1980 - 1983 even if it is that I have just realized how much it taught me.
At 16 we all think we got it! At 18 our parents surely are not the smartest people on the face of the earth and they are only put here in our minds to HOLD US BACK! BUT from the heart of a 40 somthing year old.....I certainly have life around the horns more now then ever. I have asked myself for many years.....all through my life's journey....What if? Would there have been one or two dynamic changes that would have altered my whole life as I know it now and what if I could go back and change it, would I??? Each one of us at the age of 16 had our whole life ahead of us.......and open path or road........full of hopes and dreams. To some people, that road was easier then others. But a vast majority of the folks on lifes journey has experienced hardships, hurt, devastation, disappointments, adversities, dark and cloudy periods when you not sure you will ever see the sun shine again. We have also, and if you look deep and are of the optimistic persuasion you have felt happiness, joys, laughs, peace and tranquil times.
Like a few blogs back.....We get one shot in the journey of LIFE. It is messy at times.......and there is NO RESTORE POINTS! This is it.......as MJ so well put it! This is it.......this is all we have......but why do I look around me and see GOOD people....givers, loving people, honest, faithful, true, loyal people in my circle.....hurt? Why them? Makes you wonder.....why do destructive things happen to the ones that try so hard. Is it because those people will learn the valuable lessons of adversity and the strength that comes from it...makes you a better person??? At this proud age of 43 years on this earth....I can say, if I had to give up my children.......to go back and change anything.....then, I would do it all over again and make no changes. Funny how our kids.....are such influencial people in our lives. They would be different people, if I would have taken a different path...I would have different friends, I would have different views......and would I have been the same person I am today if not for the challenges of my path.....Maybe not! So, What if???? I cherish my memories of a time when life was simple. Dodgeball in an open concrete enclosure.....cheerleaders.....who knew nothing about football and a little more about herkies and pyramids.....friends in a small church school community who were like family....then we left all that.....and 27 years later.......Life Happened for many of us.
So in conclusion of my blog of muttle tonight........I know that I have one chance for true happiness......the only one who can do that....IS ME! Indeed, to obtain happiness.....one must find from within and the want to, to be truely happy. My Granpa....one of the wisest men on this earth once told me......don't wait 70 years.....to live happy for your last 16! He was right! Make each day bloggers......a day closer to being happy for the time God has you here.....it may be 40+ years.......or it could be a week......but live it to the fullest! Was reminded again today........LIFE IS SHORT and can turn on a dime!
The sun will come up again tomorrow.......and as it shines on your face (even if its cloudy) embrace each moment.....and reach towards a place of no one gonna steal your happy! We are all on the same jouney aren't we........and there is really no time, for What If's.........it's just about........."keep moving" forward on your path.....and happy journey bloggers! Until Next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment