
Author: Tweetie (as far as I am concerned)
How profound this statement by Tweetie is. I received this by an email from a great friend. You can't change the past.....but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future. We all go through challenges in our lives......things we wish, on the other side.....when we look back, we wished we could change. We don't always see self destruction until we are in a better place. Would it be awesome our life had a "restore point" like our computers? What is a restore point you ask, it is a time before your computer had a virus, ran sluggish, had problems, was sick, broken or just not running right. BUT, unfortuniately life doesn't come with a RESTORE POINT! It is only when we restore ourselves through talking to someone, facing our fears, sitting down and working through tough times or even just learning something simple like how to tell someone you hurt, you are sorry. What a concept!
I look back at many of what my ol' pal called AW-FOOEY days....and see that sometimes I did worry so much about the future...and the what if's....the trying to see it coming before it got me......that I waisted time on my present. Life is messy. Just when you think you are in a good spot...there is always the chance that something will change on a dime....and throw you into an aw-fooey day, month or year! Just when you least expect it sometimes....it will pounce on you!
Sometimes we don't think before we speak......sometimes we are all guilty of a quickness of our tongues getting us into trouble or being angry.....when it works faster then the mind......BUT ITS what we do on the other side of it that really truely matters. Learning from it....and not doing the same behavior over and over again......looking for a different outcome. If you continue the pattern....and do what you have always done.......how then will the outcome be different??
I look deep into my heart today....in my family, my relationships...and know that there are patterns that I react to the same way, every time, and acheive the same result every time like clockwork! So, how do you change the result?? RESTORE POINT??? You have to somehow change at least one of the dynamics of the pattern before the result will ever be different. This only comes when you can say, how bad do you want it??? We have blogged that before ...... that we will only make changes when we want it bad enough. It might be as simple as reacting with an apology that will soften the other persons heart...and then, the result will be different....that takes Humility though.......it takes being vulnerable and sometimes.......I don't want to put it out there and be open for more hurt......so I am stubborn......and say, I will wait til they say it first.......then what?? Same result......same pattern.
You and I can not change what's done is done. HENCE THE PAST! That is why it is called that. We can move forward though, and rebuild the future based on the lessons we have learned. We can draw from the power of adversity....and reconstruct our own presents and therefore not to ruin our own futures. We can make it better if we are smart. Or we can be "one of those" who will forever be stuck in a pattern of same result. I think today, I have decided, I will change the pattern of the past, learn the lesson and what God want's me to learn......APPLY IT! NO BRAINER! I think that is the missing key?? I usually learn it....but when given the new opportunity to apply it...I fail every time. SO CONSCIENCELY APPLYING it this time from what I learned from the PAST.......in the PRESENT....to acheive a different result for the FUTURE!
I am sure I am the only one who has not acheived this of many life's lessons......therefore, this blog is just for me today. I have been trying to put all my cards on the table lately and sort through the ones I can sort through......and see what my future holds in many areas of my own life. Sometimes, you have to sit back.....and just work on YOU! NOT try to fix the rest of the world....but try to just offer resolution!
I challenge my fellow bloggers to do the same......try not to fix the world......if you are like me and have a "masters degree in FIXING"! Begin on the inside.......and when I have acheived the application in my own life, just maybe it will radiate beyond me....and to the others in my life.....and the results will then be different! But I am learning slowly it can only start with me!
Happy Blogging everyone.......Until next blog........
No comments:
Post a Comment