
This was the basis of the sermon at Faith Outreach this morning. I think I have heard this over and over in my life in church....but for some reason....it really hit me this morning......how true it really is in our real lives. The three things that will slip us up every time.......Pride of Life, Lust of the flesh...and Lust of the Eye. As I listened to Pastor explain that God is compassionate as He too, was tempted in the desert with these very three things...and we must kmow that deep in our hearts that these three things will get us into trouble everytime...if we are not strong.
Pastor also said this morning....that when we become Christians or when we are Christians.....that adversity and temptation will come in our lives more then the average....so is that the answer to a few blogs ago when I said.....Why does crazy things happen to "good people"??? Is it because I am being tested and tried??? Maybe it is like the rock that is being buffeted in my last post......and seeing how strong I really am.....and hoping that I can pass the test. Is He......God really testing me....or is the Devil trying to slip me up!???
Maybe a little of both........As I ponder on these three temptations in all of our lives......lust of flesh....can really be anything......right??? Many things do tempt us everyday......the fulfillment of the "flesh" or really "Self"! Lust of the eyes.....can be anything too I guess......never really thought that if I envy someones car.......or material item.......that too, can be lust of the eyes.......so it is bigger then just what it appears and pertains or attacks us in many phases of our lives.
So maybe what Pastor was saying to me this morning is that I can be slipped up by the adversary in the small places that I might not recognize......and not just the big stuff. Well that just bummed me out! Because...I really thought that I had it.....but now....I need to do more soul searching to make sure that I am on the path that I need to be on!
It is easy I guess to get "hoo-doo'd" when you are tempted and get all boogered up......and then....it is too late.....so being ever so mindful of the snairs and trips......will keep me on the straight and narrow. So, I am thankful for the gentle reminder from Pastor this morning.......that I need to look a little down the path now and then.....to make sure.......I don't step on a land mine. I do........have a very trusting nature...always have....and sometimes...get myself into a situation that I wonder how did I get here.....Lori calls is.......gotta spell it out for Bev.......I have always been that way I guess.....not really street smart...maybe an ok thing...as long as I stay aware.
So, I will challenge myself this week.....to be a little more mindful or aware that they will come in different packages.....different ways of attack.....and as the daily temptations come...and they do every day........that human nature know that somedays I am stronger then others. It will be the days that I am not strong....that I will tempted, just to trip me up! I needed to reminded of this today......and as I fed my little squirrel during church this morning.....I felt....the peace of Him come over me....that "As He is So are We".....which was the title of the message this morning.
I know, Pastor preached this just for me........I also know......that now....GOd will hold me totally accountable......for my decisions this week....and saying, I am only human.....is no longer an excuse. In conclusion bloggers.......as you carry yourself this week....remember......you too will be tempted......don't get "Hoo-doo'd" or "hoodwinked" this week.....keep you eyes on the path.......Until next time!
Happy Blogging or Reading everyone!
So true! Just like the roots on a trail, so is life, we can step over the "roots", or stub our toe on them. If so, God picks us up and wipes our tears from our face and brushes our clothes off.
ReplyDeleteWow Pocahontas Hiker.....that is an amazing statement....spoken so truely by a hiker.......you see I just see the rocks in the path of my journey...but there are roots too! LOL Good Greif! Have to watch for more than just the obvious! Thanks for sharing and giving me more insite.
ReplyDelete