Tuesday, May 1, 2012

To the MIGHTY BEAVER!



This is what has to happen to the otter when you are involved in a project that requires much detail. The otter is not the most detail oriented creater that God created. The otter by heart would rather just be the fun one. The one who does not have to work so hard to be detailed. The beaver however is detailed. The beaver spends all of his time and details come very naturally to the beaver. The beaver personality is steady and true to details. Now, when an otter is asked to do an overly detailed project, sometimes the otter will have no choice but to put on the beaver mask. These past three weeks I have been involved with FCAT at the middle school.

This project is so big that to be the detailed person that I needed to be required me to put on the beaver mask for 3 whole weeks. (OH Coach K) say it isn't so. The partner that I had to work with this year....is a golden retriever at heart. Wonderful man at the school........but if you know any retrievers you know that detail is not the strenth of their character. So this is what we had. An otter and a golden trying to tackle a huge detailed project and stay focused to complete the task until the state picked up the packages.In previous years, this project was ran by a beaver so my role could continue to be the otter and still do the project. However, this year it became clear that if we were going to complete this task accurately, the mask of the beaver would have to be on. Friday was the last day of FCAT and it felt amazing to be able to take off the beaver mask and go back to being the otter. Needless to say I was soooooo overly exhausted mentally every day when I came home....because being a beaver was extremely hard for me. I will have to say to all the beavers I have made comments about....as I am married to one, I have much respect for them now.

So to all the beavers out there, I commend you for your detailed personality. I learned these past few weeks and was humbled by the beaver personality. So Johnny for all the times, I have swam by your little beaver damn and did my best to steal the fish from under the logs you have stategically put and crash your damn, I am sorry. I think that as time passes, I will truely go back to the eager otter playfulness and I might not feel as sorry as I do right now.SO for all of you bloggers and readers out there I hope that I can retire the beaver mask....as it is not very fun to wear.

Until my next blog and maybe now I can catch up on blogging and FB.....as this project consumes me and I have no choice but to put my life and social networking on hold. So until next time bloggers.....I hope that you are sooooo blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! No beaver masks for me!!! There is always a sad little otter on the other side. :-)

    ReplyDelete