The most amazing thing in the world.......is having children and being a mom. Being a mom is a lifetime of giving of yourself to your kid (s) and reaping back the relationship you have sown into them later in life. Any relationship needs to be cultivated, but the relationship between a mom and her kids is one that is priceless. I have to say that I am blessed to have a daddy that has cultivated a relationship since I was a little girl. I did not always please him with my choices and decisions, but all in all, I have always known that no matter where life takes me, he is always on my side and will bail me out of any situation and walk beside me.
When time came for me to be a mom.....I knew that one of the most important things was emotional relationship with my kids. That if I started when they were little, it would grow and some day I would achieve what he has achieved in the relationship that we both have. My oldest daughter is 20 and has gone from a child to a beautiful and amazing young woman. She is funny, intelligent, witty, filled with compassion and love. She radiates sunshine to everyone around her. My youngest is 14. She is silly and keeps me young at heart, she is smart, hilariously gifted with a wonderful sense of humor, she is beautiful on the inside and outside (that's always a plus), she has many friends she too is compassionate of others feelings and extremely loving. I feel so very blessed to have two wonderful daughters that I have poured all of myself into. With Natalie, my oldest, I am beginning to reap what I have sown into her life for the past 20 years. With Gina, I am still sowing!
I know this is mothers day weekend, and I read an amazing blog this morning about the relationship from a daughter tributing her mother that made me cry. I lost my mother now over 15 years ago and each time this year I feel the loss greatly especially after I read her blog! It prompted me to write a tribute to my girls! My life would be so incomplete without the relationship I have with my girls. I hope someday some of the words spoken by my fellow blogger will ring true as my girls grow and someday have families of their own. She used words like confidant.....wow.......that is truely my goal!
I look at other good moms that have poured their lives into their kids while they were young, now as their children are having children, I see how it all comes back to them so a lesson learned. Like Coach K....she has given emotionally her love, acceptance, guidance, perseverance into both of her children, and now, as a Nana she is really reaping a beautiful garden of blessings. As a mom we have many seasons in our child rearing that brings us tears and brokenness as much as joy and happiness. As our kids find their place in the world........it really should be a moms turn someday and I see how Kathy has been such an amazing example of not only being a great mom....but building that relationship once again in her grandchildren.
She learned it honest, Kathy did, as she learned from the best I have ever been honored to know. My granma was a woman of compassion and sowing relationships. When I was little her and granpa took me to the mall, faithfully once a month on a Saturday. They gave me a twenty dollar bill to buy something new and we would eat fish and chips at Tampa Bay Center. The memories, like they were yesterday, are the ones that stay with you. I thought it was the twenty dollars back then, but now, I see it was so much more. It was sowing a relationship with me to last FOREVER! Not just when they were here.....but when it was their time to go to heaven, I still have them.
Being a parent has been one of the hardest jobs I ever asked for, but the one that comes with the most rewards if you work at relationship. So fellow bloggers and readers if your a mom work on relationships....be there....solid.....and even when work, school, life in general.......remember to take the time to spend with your kids/grankids......build it for later. Life gets crazy and we sometimes take for granted that just because we raise them, means the relationship is automatic, but often times, that is not the case. I am sure granma was not up for mall shopping one or two of those Saturdays......It paid off in the long run!!!! Until next time bloggers and readers.......Happy Mothers Day to every mother out there........May this be the most amazing Mothers Day Ever! And to my two wonderful daughters thank you for being the joy of my life.......the light of my life because without you in my life.......I know why God gave you to me......to complete me!

Bev,
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great post. Thank you for the kind words - but your right I learned anything good that I do with my family from the best - "My Mom" She was the best mom and grandma in the world from day one and I don't think there was one child or grandchild of hers that did not receive that emotional connection with her and the unconditional love that she always gave. If I can be a little bit of who she was I feel I have done well and you have done the same for you girls and I have a feeling you will be even a better grandma than me!! :) Love you!!K
Coach K,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much......never could be as good as you....but that is my strive when my turn comes.....family is amazing to me....as being a mother is the most special gift God gave me. Thanks for the affirmation.