
As I sat in the perfect spot in the santuary....a place where any good baptist girl should be.........right on the back row.....I took in so many nuggets from service yesterday. Pastor was being very profound....but maybe, I was just in tune to listen. Isn't that life....how sometimes we just are in a place where we "Get" it more then yesterday. Is it that we are just accepting life the way it is....and not expecting it to change??? His sermon was on "trusting the Lord" even when things don't look like they are gonna turn out. God is not always looking at the end result but the obedience to trust that He will get you there! I wrote that in the back of my bible....to ponder on it later and today is later.
I never really thought about how God challenges me on the path......and that the end result to him.....and me....might not be the same thing. Trusting in him....is too a "state of peace and security" Wow, do I have a long way to go on this journey or what??? LOL
Yesterday, I thought I knew what I wanted the end result to be, but am learning everyday, there are things on my path that I can not change. As hard as I try to change them, they just won't change and seem to stay the same, so today, I am gonna live by the serenity prayer...and accept those things that I can not change. There are so many things in my life.....that Change would be good and would give me, what I think, that Peace and Security feeling......but, I am coming to the conclusion that they will not ever change. So, to accept those things that will not change.......is hard.....because that puts me in the unknown. There are things that I can change however....and to have the courage to change those things....even too, if they are the unknown.........and the Wisdom to know the difference! Gosh, that is alot....almost more than what I think I am capible of!
I guess, It all goes back to one thing! TRUST in the Lord that He will give me the strength, the power, the knowledge to know the things that I need to change...and I have a huntch that the only one I can change....IS ME! GGGRRRRR! That is a bummer.......but it must always start with ME I guess.
So with the wisdom I was given yesterday, I will begin today......this 11th Day of October...and try to only change ME! What ever that means.....I will accept that there are many things on my path that I can not change. Not that I have not tried....but to no avail! Be accountable for the knowledge that God has given me......and put it into place.......Work it in my life........and Accept the changes that will come and "Trust" that even though, I am not prepared for these changes, that it will be the better END RESULT!
So for now bloggers, I hope too, you will soul search, and realize today the things in your life that you can not change, accept them.....and only work on the things that you can change. Thank you Pastor for the wonderful words of wisdom yesterday....I will take this wisdom and apply it to my life today. I am not sure how long I will apply it....but today is the beginning and we all must start somewhere. One Day at a Time!
So, bloggers / readers....Hold on to the things that you can change......stop feeling sorry for yourself....and be bold enough to put your right foot forward....make the changes you can.....and accept the things that you can't.....and just maybe, the end result will be something you never expected! Until Next Time Happy Blogging Everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment