
Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.
Brian Adams
I was not very happy today when I logged in Kathy's Blogspot to find the challenge on Patience. I looked for a patience test online, and decided to just painly admit that I have very little patience.......I don't need any of my best friends to over anylize me....I am a big girl.......and can stay, I have very little and need to work on this area of my life.
I have no patience with stupidity, puzzles, boiling water (even though I have the eye on high) waiting in traffic, computer problems I can't figure out, someone calling me back, summer coming, electronic equipment failures, my kids messy rooms, my girls not wanting to go to school...dishes in the sink when you can load the dishwasher.....I guess...that is a small list of impatience.
I guess the above quote really sums it up that patience is truely an art and as the bible puts it a Fruit of the Spirit. It takes self control and discipline to not become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience does really breed anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success. I do want to have success and not failure.....so as Kathy said on day one of the challange.....Humility and Self Control do have something to do with patience. To know someones challenges with character issues it is important to know about your personality profile. So as I peer into the own life and heart (since I am admitting things here) the otter personality would truely be one that patiece doesn't come very easily too. The otter at heart is only worried about one thing.....where is the playmate or who can I play with today??? The Lion in my personality (which isn't alot) is the one who keeps me on track, but I have discovered these past few weeks, that I do have detail in my personality and strong character traits...I find that I just have to work hard for really stay on task........so I guess, I can start today to try to be more patient.
I am not a road rager......but do get impatience with slower drivers........So, thank you Coach K for the lovely reminder of PATIENCE and it's importace in our lives. I will start a new day tomorrow, and will remind myself of the challenge before me, to take one day at a time.....to be patient instead of flying off the handle when the impatience challenge raises it's ugly head. I will be "CONSCIENCE" tomorrow to try to be patient in an impatient world. I will take a ONE DAY challenge to record my impatiet daily behavior and be honest enough to blog it. So, until tomorrow, happy blogging everyone....and heres to the otter in me....to learn the patience of the beaver! OH GOSH! THis will be more challenging than I thought.
I have read your blog and your discription of yourself reminds me of my hubby.... ;() and I have a lot of patience. But sometimes I see myself taking on certain attributes of my hubby, like impatience in certain situations. Then I have to correct myself, to be what I really am! Do you find yourself in this situation. It might be just me.
ReplyDelete