Saturday, March 13, 2010

Character Challenge......SELF CONTROL!


Character Challenge......SELF CONTROL! Self Control is one of the things that can get me in trouble the fastest...maybe why Auntie K felt that it was a character builder. Self Control huh I said???? What is to be said about self control. Well, like Kathy said, it can be in many facits of our lives....for me.......it is thinking before I speak....this is something that for about a year....I am trying to get to where I do not blurt out my feelings off the cuff of my sleeve...and really try to think through what I am saying.......it does work better...but takes more brain power.....my natural reaction is to just react........immediately on anything....whether it is anger, happiness....frustration...no matter the emotion the reaction for me is the same....usually very spontanious with out thinking first.

So, I find it very funny that Kathy would challenge this self control for us. I find that I have to slow down and really think about things........I still blow it....but I feel that I am learning and know this will be life long acheivement. Self Control is something that I do pride myself in having in many areas in my life......but there are areas in my life that do need improvement.......I will take the challenge given to me.....and work on the outer areas that are need for positive character building.

One of the hardest areas is my response to my husband when he angers me.......and I have been praying that God will help me....really learn how to react better this 2010. It is not easy to change...but as Coach K said........if we realize that change is for the best...and we realize we need to change....then the pain of change is not so great..........so I will embrace this need for change and more self control in the scattered areas of my life....in the junk drawers of my life....and accept the need and the desire to change as it will make me a better person. We all have the junk drawers...they are the places in our lives that we can be cluttered and close the drawer and no one knows that inside the drawer is messy! Sooooooo I hope you too, will take this challenge.....to clean out the junk drawers.....with me...and the areas in your own life that need self control........if you can learn daily how to tame it......change it....down the road......you will too, be a wiser person and healthier. So, happy blogging everyone...and cheers to you all......and the outcome of being a person with better self control!

No comments:

Post a Comment