
Woke up today.....and the rain is falling seems like all around me......Inside and out! It has been a roller coaster week....and I guess, the dawn of tomorrow is that a new day, will certainly bring NEW HOPE!
There comes a place in every situation where you have to truely accept where you are and where others are and also accept that some things might never change.
You can only change yourself. We have talked about this in previous blogs and Coach K has rang this true, but today, I really think that I got it. It is not easy to accept when you want a situation to change to how you want it, but that is not what the other person in the situation wants. You must both be on the same page.
What happens, when you are not both on the same page? Then you have to accept it as that, and you both have to agree to disagree. If you can do that, then, just maybe you can begin to heal and go on.
Tomorrow was a deadline, that for me, I put in my boundary list. So, accepting after one month, 30 days to create a new habit, 30 days to break a habit, tomorrow being day 31, I will accept the things that I can not change, I will say the serenity prayer, and I will look for new hope for a new day.
I beleive that this past 30 days, that I am the one who has changed. I have found some strength that I know God has been preparing me for. The strength from the trials and testings but all in all, I know, that I am the one who has changed, for the good. I am learning that I too, deserve all that God has for me. I deserve the best in life and I will only obtain those things if I hold out, reach for them and don't settle for anything less then what I want.
Maybe it is, sometimes, that we are the ones that change and when everyone else stays on the page that you left, then really, you are the one to blame for moving away? I have blamed that it was not me that changed but am facing the reality, that it is. I can not accept things the way they have always been, therefore, I am the one who realized that those ways were not how I saw my life in the long term. Why did it seem to work and why did I seem to settle for such a long time, but now, all the sudden it doesn't work for me? What happened to me that I changed and wanted something different then what has been there all along? Not sure why, but the fact remains that I too, am an individual, I have feelings, passions, goals, emotional drives too that seem to be leading me a different direction now. They have always been there I guess, I guess I thought that I was OK without them being a big part of my life, but have accepted that to have those things, means, I have to be the one to change. I think I am ok with that today!
One of the first moves of acceptance is to not blame anyone, but to accept the fact that you might be the one who has just changed into a different direction. It is not always a bad thing, it is what you make it. Accept how you are, respect how others are. If you are no longer on the same page, maybe that is ok, maybe you both will be better, accepting that you can be happy, knowing the other page doesn't work for you, your page doesn't work for them, but individually, it will work itself out. Life always does. It stops for no one! Time is an amazing thing. It never really heals the hurt, it just softens the hurt. So as time goes on, it will be easier to view and I will look back, like most everything else in my life, and know, that the choices I have made are honored by God and I know, that this is the best place for me on my journey.
So bloggers and readers alike, if you too, are making life changing choices, or if others are making those choices for you, then accept it this week. Challenges will certainly come.....but rely on Him, He will see you through........because, tomorrow is a new day.......and it will bring....closure....and NEW HOPE! Bring it on Day 1.......beginning of hopefully, something new. UNTIL!
No comments:
Post a Comment