Friday, November 12, 2010

What do you do...when your plate is too full?



What do you do when your plate is too full??? I asked this question to a wise friend and asked her to help me break it down, as I was feeling rather overwhelmed. It seems like three weeks ago, I felt some things in my life was priority to figure out.......and this week, those things are not near as important to a resolution as I thought they needed to be. So, my friend said, well, it is not the best recommendation, but sometimes, the only thing to do in your situation is to get a bigger plate?? I told her at this point I was feeling like a turkey platter was the next best thing........as she smiled, she pondered for a moment, and said, how about just another plate? I sat there for a moment and said, I beleive you are right. Prioritize the things in your life, that right now, you just don't need to put first. Then put it on the "back burner plate" knowing that you will need to address the issues, but maybe when you "MAIN PLATE" slims down a bit.

That a concept....and why I didn't think of it first.....made me realize that I must have more on my plate than the brain power to even think of my own solutions. So, I have tried to put down on paper the things in my life that are before me...that need my undivided attention. Day in and day out stuff........the newest problems that are big and need to be solved first. Then I sorted out the things that have always been there.......those things I can't really change anyways, and put some of those on my back burner plate. I took a great big sigh and realized, that the saying of God will never give us more then we can handle.....well, He won't.....He might just want us sometimes to sort what is most important to handle.....at the moment! So as I put these things on my "things I otter do" list.......I began to feel a little releif that the things that I was slaving over, and getting no where........didn't need my attention right now any how!

I look back three weeks ago, and I was faced with two NEW huge challenges in my life.......and found myself investing every ounce of my day into the resolution of these two challenges. I found not one minute left at the end of the day for social networking, phone calls, blogging, emails, TV, LIFE....etc. Sometimes, I beleive, we just need to remove ourselves completely to focus on what we have to do.........and know that when we feel we can reenter into the "spice of life", we will at our own pace. Three weeks ago, I don't think I pondered the concept of the second plate.....I just let the plate overflow and didn't know how in the world to keep my heaping pile on it...without it falling off, which made me feel totally out of control! Now that I have discovered.....that all along I was able to live with the same amount of stuff, just separated into different piles, I was then, able to know in my self......that God would see me through, and of course, He has.

I have gained strength from Him, these past few weeks, enough strength to move forward into what ever in coming my way. I also have been reminded these past few weeks, that there are people on my path, that deal with heavier baggage then mine. That in comparison to some folks Suitcases that is so heavy it needs rollie wheels, mine is just a little duffle bag. So, that being said, I will embrace what God is trying to teach me........I will know that He has given me the means to separate what I thought was overwhelming me, but in reality He was preparing me for something so much greater. Sometimes, we do not know why God chooses us for things, but if we are confident, that He always has a plan and know He will never fail us.

So bloggers, as the holiday season approaches one more time, the time will get busier, crazier, and you will feel overwhelmed just in the season. Or if you have alot on your plate it is never shameful to ask God for a second plate! He is gracious and will help you sort what you can put on the back burner for now. He is not asking you to forget about the plate....or pretend it is not there, but He is confident that I will address it when my immediate crisis is over.

So, happy reading / blogging everyone...and I hope this day, this blog, even though it is only for me.........will encourage anyone......who is feeling overwhelmed today......there is HOPE for a SECOND PLATE! UNTIL NEXT TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment