
My friend said something to me today......when I was complaining of finding a few extra lbs in my shorts this morning........and was "trying" to blame the dryer...however......I know that I need to refocus! She said, that is why I removed all the full length mirrors from my house....so I can't see myself full length. I pondered on this all day........raking leaves in my yard........picking up pine needles....planting new flowers for spring....this just kept going through my mind.......how does any one live their life without a mirror??? Expecially full length? I pondered on how many mirrors I have in my little cozy home....and the count is......are you ready????? This is aweful! 12!
I wondered as I digged in the dirt to plant my new azalias...if this was a condition of total vanity??? I have mirrors....IN EVERY ROOM of my home and some rooms have way more then one....and many are closet doors that are full length mirrors...........I pondered on this fact that she doesn't and I do....and realized one thing. I would rather see myself full length and know what the rest of the world sees.......then think they see something different than the truth. (she does have a full length mirror since she met me! ) LOL In her dining room!
I think that is sometimes how......we just get lost in life.....not viewing ourselfs in a full length! But when you meet or see an old friend at panara, do you not see them in full length???? I would rather know what they see...and expect it.....then to pretend.....that I didn't know what they saw. God sees us also in full length....and to boot, with Xray vision.....inside and out! He sees, not just what others see on the outside.....but the true heart!
So, for the extra added tightness in my jeans....that my new LG dryer was to blame.....BECAUSE i have full length mirrors....I knew all along......it was not the jeans.....it was something else entirely. This same friend, is the one, that a few years back introduced me to a daily scale of accountability! So, she really doesn't avoid the mirror......great idea though....but we all must be accountable to something! SO......I have begun a walking regimine again...now that the weather permits....and am really concentrating on my eating and intake! I will loose the extra that I am finding in my jeans....because, Auntie K reminded me of "self control" of last months challenge of building character! SHHHHEEEEEWWWWW glad I learned it........sooooooooooo moving forward to beach season.........if you are afraid of the full length mirror.....DOn't be! Really I mean....Don't be in DENIAL! Turn your bootie to that mirror...and say.......the Pain of change will make me better! That's what I said! Do what it takes....for you to always love......who and what you see in the mirror. A new country song says, Let my face......or my rear......be something the mirror loves to see! And you too! So, not sure who this is for....but I accounted for myself today........the one in the mirror...never lies! Happy blogging everyone.......happy excercising.....happy protein......happy cookies...if that is you! What ever makes you happy go for it! Spoke yesterday....life is short! But never be afraid of the one in the mirror....especially the "full length"!
Bev,
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post. Beyond the weight thing there is so much to be learned by taking a full view of ourselves in every area of our lives. It's very hard to do but so rewarding when we do.