
I saw something tonight........that I needed to express and share. Bravery....beyond years.....in a time of hurt. Words so true....that I had to really ponder on them....and express my feelings....like only a blog can do.....so here it goes.
I sat tonight.......and witnessed two beautiful women in my life, my neices, say goodbye to a parent. Anyone who has lost a parent....knows that there is something too....the 50% of love that is divided between both parents....but....when you loose one.......it seems like for moments your heart can only see the loss of the one. You focus so much on the one that is missing.......and then....you get a glimps of the one that is left. To a child (even if your grown) you only see....MOM AND DAD! No matter if they are together with each other or not....you just see....that you have two parents....Mom and Dad!
Funerals or Memorials are something I avoid....but as I get older, I know how much it meant to me....when my mother died...and the folks I know where there for me. SOOOOO out of support, for my neices Chayil and Ruthy, I commend your bravery tonight. To sing, for your father.......a song.....he would have rejoiced over......smiled over......I give you kudos!
Chayil said something in her speach tonight....that when you loose someone special....you live it every day........LIFE IS SHORT! Yes it is......short....we thought in 1981 that our life would be forever.....but not the case. We must not ever take who we have in our lives for granted.
Chayil and Ruthy, you both are so special.......I was so moved with your bravery in your song to honor your dad. Chayil your blog on Father's day that you were able to tell your dad, when he was here, how much he meant to you. It is so hard, to loose a parent.......and bless the ones who have and still have one left, but doubly bless the ones in my life, who have lost both! I cling to my parent left! He is the most special man in my life.
My heart is heavy....and it will take time......I could say, time heals all....but I would be lying.......time soothes all things....but not really heals. When someone touches your life...and you love someone that much........you will remember them forever...and so it shall be. So, girls.......I love you....your courage....your bravery.......your love for your father.......God help us the day....that God desides to take my father home! I only can hope, that I will be as brave as both of you! Happy Blogging everyone. See you again......................UNTIL!
Uh oh, posted under the wrong login name :) But I did want to thank you for such a nice blog, Beverly. Thanks for coming yesterday, too. It was nice to see you :)
ReplyDelete