
It is with a heavy heart that I blog today. Since the beginning of the year, all has been steady........and the obsticals and challenges in my life have been much to the norm.....the rainy days have certainly come my way since the end of the year but the challengers and gloomy days have not been more then I can bear.
I had lunch with a handsome grey bearded man yesterday whos heart also is heavy for the line of work he has been called too. I told him that I was glad that God did not call me into the ministry such as him, as I am not sure I could have ever handled what God has called him to do. He has been called to send 5 people to heaven since the beginning of 2012. Something like death......is not something that I handle well and learned that even though the line of a pastor comes with all the seasons of life, no one handles it well and it makes our hearts sad and heavy.
As the writer of Ecclesiates chapter 3 states...
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
Copied by one of my favorite websites.....biblegateway.com
There is nothing that hurts more then the loss and finalization of a loved one going to heaven. Not that I am sure heaven is the ultimate place to be.....but I hope that God doesn't call me anytime soon.....cuz I really like it here and have much to do before my time is up. I know that the greiving process is so hard, especially when you loose someone suddenly......there are so many unanswered questions......there is so many things you wish you would have said....there are so many things you wish you could ask.....but when someone leaves this earth before your ready for them to go.....it leaves this hole in your heart....that only time can fill.
It amazes me how God has created us, to be creatures of "bouncers" we baouce back even when we go through the toughest of times......when we don't think our heart will ever heal.....some how....it does.
As my heart is heavy on behalf of my brothers and sisters in God today who have lost precious loved ones.......I know that in time, your hearts will heal. For the parents who have lost a child, for children who have lost a mom.......for ones who have lost a spouse...for those who have lost an aunt or uncle or a brother....my heart greives with you today. So, as this weekend of the sad and final day approaches, I pray for all of you......and know in my heart that God will offer you the strength it will take for you to survive, learn, stand and ultimately go on. I know that you have been there for me in such times as this.........and I am there supporting you too in your time of need.
So bloggers and readers...the true realization that if you are reading this....and you have anyone in your life you love, tell them today....don't assume they just know....because life surely turns on a dime......and your next moment in life, as unsure as it is....could change. So never hesitate to tell the ones you love how much they mean to you......UNTIL next time........
No comments:
Post a Comment