
In this mornings message, during live stream, Pastor spoke to the men after a wonderful mens meeting last night. Message was about how as women we sometimes don't trust our men to really be able to lead our families, like we think it should be led, which means sometimes we have a tendancy of just doing it ourselves. He talked about how sometimes, behaviors or learned traits from our granparents, parents make our behaviors or habits remain the same. Unless someone in the generational pool breaks those chains of behavior it will continue from one generation to another.
He spoke about the "Walters" history of alcholic and how my dearest granpa broke the chain and said for me and my house we will serve the Lord. My granpa was Irish and my granma was Hungarian. We all know that the Irish are famous for, yep you got it a temper. Now, I can blame forever, my ancestors and the reasons that I do things, and not be accountable for my own actions. What Pastor was saying is that generationally all of us can decide to break the history of what is set before us and make the necessary changes to be different for our own families and our own selves and children. I can fly off the handle and be angry and say, you have to put up with it, after all I am Irish and I can not help it. But like my granpa I need to say, even though I am Irish, I can make efforts not to hurt people with my words. I can just like my father, say, I will not allow the chains of my family history designate who I will grow old like. I will change my destiny and be different with His help.
I am reading a book and this book has made me really think alot and do some serious soul searching, I have realized that some of my behaviors I have tried to not be the blame, however, this morning's message was the confirmation that I needed to OWN THEM AND CHANGE THEM as accountability for the part that I play. I have noticed in my own soul searching that if I change and break free from some of these chains that really bind me, I would be a freer person. I would like myself just a little bit more. Change, we have talked about before goes against human nature, however, change always starts with the one inside.
We all have those things in our life that so easily sets us back.......but when you see it and realize it, never blaming why it is there or how it got there....but just saying, I need to change that. I need to react different, I need to let God help me with that......only then can we truely start becoming the person inside that we want to be. Today's rainy day led me to blog once again and we all know that my pattern of blogging is usually inspired by something, someone or something someone says. This morning's ponderings inspired me to blog once again, thanks Pastor. :-)
Some things we struggle with we have to just Ask Him to help us control. But it is just like any thing that we need to change, we always have to start by recognizing it and how much of a better person we would be not only to others, but to ourselves without the Chain holding us back. So, bloggers and readers, if you too are struggling with a chain keeping you from being the free person you want to be. Work on it daily, and remember, when you have decided to change something expect that you will be tested in that area.........that is just the nature of the beast.....so be prepared. Happy Blogging everyone UNTIL!
No comments:
Post a Comment