
al·tru·is·tic = [al-troo-is-tik With the meaning of unselfish! Sometimes, I don't feel unselfish....most of the characteristics in my BORN ON WEDNESDAY are pretty right on the money for my character. But I was puzzled about this new word to add to my vocabulary......Altruistic!
UNSELFISH, Not to demand ones own way, concerned for the welfare of others........This is also one of the fruits of the spirit...Love, Joy, peace, longsuffering, Gentleness, goodness and faith......and of course unselfishness has to be in there too! Sometimes, I feel like I want the world to be all about me. After 21 years of marraige, and two kids that just about wipe everthing from your soul.........I think, am I woman on the other side of 40 who needs to find more time for myself, my dreams, my goals and aspriations of life. Not just being someones wife or someones mom...and sometimes, that comes without a name....and individuality........do we get lost as we get older and then wonder who we really are??? When you have "littles" you devote all your time into them....therefore, there really is no room for being selfish. That little person needs you every minute of the day. As they get older, they need you less and less. (maybe they just think they do). Then, as they approach the age of moving on with their own lives.......a mom can sit back and panic as they realize.....WHO REALLY NEEDS ME?
I need me! I think that I realized that today. I need to need me! I need to know that I am ok.......just about ME! I certainly am not there...but the realization of realizing that today....hit me like a ton of bricks. I look at other people........their FB.......their status's........my friends circles....and realize that we all need to be comfty in our own shoes. Not wishing we were always in someone elses, but happy, truely happy with ourselves....and our own company.
My friends like me....and we have fun when we are together....why then, can I not realize my worth when I am alone??? I have decided that today, I will try to realize that I too, am a great person......and that I have lots to give.....and that I am OK with ME! Tomorrow, I certainly might wake up and realize that I am not ok with me.....but for this moment, right now.....funny how that is.....I am committing to working on ME! I will take the challenge to be the most positive person I know. Embracing every day, no matter what it throws at me, returning a negative with a positive....and not only can I possibly change my surroundings....but maybe I will change too. Being truely thankful for what I have, who I am and where I am. Knowing that I have not arrived and striving to be all I can be......before I am 60! LOL
I have been in an inspriation slump for about a week....struggling what to blog about......and this is really what I have realized after my many weeks of soul searching........so bloggers......and readers........be happy, with what you have....every day......life is short....and we have no guarantees for tomorrow. The last thing I want......is to regret I didn't live it to the fullest...and it all begins with me! Until Next time Bloggers!
No comments:
Post a Comment